Advertisement

THC topical ointment...

topic posted Fri, December 29, 2006 - 1:21 PM by  Eli
Share/Save/Bookmark
I got my medical license a few months ago,
about a week after I was in a bad car accidnet, I remembered my docter tellign em about a THC topical ointment but I could not find it anywhere.
I went to the clubs in thsi area,... One of them carried it at one point, but the guy who was makign it moved out of town.... and they sold out really quick.
Anyways,
Im just looking too see if anyone here knows? or can point me in the right direction to find a THC ointment.
Thanks greatly!!!
-=^..^=-
posted by:
Eli
offline Eli
California
Advertisement
  • Re: THC topical ointment...

Sat, December 30, 2006 - 5:18 PM
    I have some down here, it can be purchased at Natural Relief Center, and Pure Life alternative wellness center

Mon, January 1, 2007 - 6:00 PM
      Is either of thoes one of the places you work?
      and do you know how much it is by chance?
      I might try to be making my way down south soon to try and get some,,,
      and do you happen to know how to make it? or know somewhere i can learn?>
      hope too see you soon man, its been a while....

Sat, January 13, 2007 - 11:12 PM
        hey yo. i just wanted to cross post this in case you didnt see it, eli. this was from 420 pyro on the marijuana edibles tribe. tincture works the same as oinment i would say. and this is the best recipe i've found. thanks, 420 pyro, by the way.

* In a small saucepan, heat 2 or 3 tablespoons full of honey on a low flame. Don't let it start frothing over.
        * Grind the herb (1/16 to 1/4 oz ... let your conscience be your guide)
        as fine as possible, through a strainer or in a grinder. Dump it into the honey.
        * While stirring it around, add a couple of ounces water or vodka. This is important because otherwise the cooked honey will cool into an unmanageable texture. You want liquid. Mystery Person started using vodka after being told that THC is also alchohol soluble. He figured
        that maybe the longer the finished product sat the stronger it would get.
        * Continue cooking over low heat for 30 minutes. Fresh grated ginger or lemon juice can be added for flavor, or if you wanna get cute.
        * Pour it off into a little jar with a good lid. Cool/store in fridge ... although we don't know if this is really essential for freshness and potency. Seems like a good idea.
        * Start experimenting with dosages at ONE TEASPOON. That's right. Mystery Person says that one teaspoon gives a very mellow, even-keel buzz, sort of like 10 mg of Valium. It'll really depends on how much herb you used and how strong it is to begin with. Having just made a batch
        with about an eighth, Mystery Person says that on one teaspoon, you'll find yourself thinking, Goddamn you just might be stoned! On two teaspoons you will know you are stoned. On three teaspoons, everyone else will know you are stoned.
        • Unsu...

Re: THC topical ointment...

Sat, January 27, 2007 - 6:28 PM
          this doesn't seem to be a topical recipe. also, a tincture and an ointment are entirely different preparations with different application methods.

does anyone have a recipe for making an ointment or liniment?

Sun, January 28, 2007 - 1:21 AM
            a topical lotion or topical tinicture should be alcohol based to bind the cannabis.

You can grind your bud and place it in a contanier with grain alcohol, store it for a minimum of a month, strain it and then mix it generously into any hand / body lotion you like.
            • Unsu...

Wow...so much mis-information...

Thu, February 8, 2007 - 6:16 AM
              Hey there

Topicals are really easy to make with a little time and a couple old pots. It can be made with any cannabis source, but your source determines your outcome. For a topical, it's not as important as an edible, though. Also, you probably don't want to use alcohol as a base. Here's how I made a really effective topical in a few hours...

A topical is typically an oil mixed with beeswax to create a salve. To make mine, I started with the residue from my Volcano (that'd be a vaporizer for those who don't know). While most of the actives get vaporized off, there is still a good bit of actives left on the residue to do things with. You could just as easily add good herb or trim. Place your material in grapeseed oil and simmer over low heat for a couple hours. This will draw the cannabinoids out of the material and suspend them in the oil. Strain while warm. This is your oil base.

First off, put your material in a glass mason jar that can take high heat and place it in a water bath. I put a small wire triangle under my jar to raise it off the bottom of the saucepan, but I don’t know if you need this, it’s cheap insurance, though. Next, pour grape seed oil over the material until it is covered with one and a half times the material. That is, once the material is covered, continue adding grape seed oil until you have another half again as much as you added to cover your material. I've also read "cover herbs so oil is one inch above level of material". Your choice.

Cap the jar tightly and turn on the heat. Bring the water to a boil and continue boiling for 6-8 hours (Make sure you don’t boil off all the water!). I’ve also heard of people using a crock pot for this. Sand can be used in the place of water if you don’t want to keep checking on the water level. When done, pour the oil (while still hot) through cheesecloth or similar material to remove the solids. Squeeze out as much oil as you can from the ball. You can use this ball of spent material itself as a topical “balm bag”, but you’re really interested in the grape seed oil.

You can use this oil for cooking, rub it on aches, pains and spasms, or encapsulate it for canna-caps. If you want to make an actual salve, you’ll need to add beeswax to your oil. The tricky part of this is determining exactly how much beeswax is needed to harden the salve. You can approximate the proportions based on the following equivalents. One pint of oil will need about 1 1/2 ounces of beeswax, or one ounce of oil will need about 1/2 teaspoon of beeswax. There are about 5 teaspoons of beeswax in an ounce.

So, take note of the amount of oil you have and pour into a cleaned double boiler pan or jar. (Write it down so you don't forget). Raise the temperature of the skillet so the oil is at 150º F. (Beeswax melts at approximately 148º F).

When 150º F has been reached and maintained steadily, add grated beeswax to the oil and stir until all the wax is melted. To test to see if your salve is hard enough, put some on a spoon and set it in a cool place for a few minutes. If your salve is too soft, add more beeswax. If it’s too hard, add oil.

If you are using essential oils or Vitamin E you can blend them in now. Finally, pour your salve into containers and label.

Alternatively, you can steep your material in lard and use this as a salve directly. I’m not much for rubbing fat on myself, so I haven’t tried this method.

Let us know how it works for you...

Sun, February 18, 2007 - 4:21 PM
    Hello,
    I had the fortunate chance to work with a compassion club that made a muscle rub, which seems like what your doctor might have been speculating about. The ointment can be made very simply by placing as much cannabis stalk into a bottle of rubbing alcohol as you can fit. The alcohol allows the beneficial elements of the stalk to diffuse into the aqueous solution. 70% rubbing alcohol is fine. I hope this will help you out bro.

Recent topics in "Medical Marijuana"